Sunday, September 7, 2008

Andrea Mantegna paintings

Andrea Mantegna paintings
Arthur Hughes paintings
Albert Bierstadt paintings
And what the heck altogether?" Max said smiling. "Like you used to say, it doesn't matter nothing."
Greene regarded us suspiciously, yet with a rueful expression, as if afraid we were baiting him but admitting he deserved no better use. I took my stick from him and suggested cordially that it was time he stopped looking in mirrors.
"Can't see much in that one anyhow," he admitted. "All pussed up."
Leonid grunted amiably. "You got face like old whore's behind."
"Say what you want," Greene sadly invited us. "I know I'm flunked."
I declared then my conviction that he was not -- or hadn't been until I'd flunked him. My interpretation of Bray's Certificate, I wanted to tell him, had been as mistaken in his case as in the others. Enos Enoch saidBecome as a kindergartener, and I'd flunked Peter Greene on the grounds that beneath his sentimental illusions lay much guile, much guilt, much that was failed. How tell him now that he was blinder than before -- or as blind,

No comments: