Saturday, September 6, 2008

Franz Marc paintings

Franz Marc paintings
Fabian Perez paintings
Francois Boucher paintings
her who would, and the best man win; I was too sensible now of my faults to join the contest.
"By George!" Leonid cried -- a kind of pensive shout. "My head spin! I'm such a dumb, I have to think about!"
No less did I -- about my last words in particular, whose truth I realized only as I spoke them. Desire I understood, and Camaraderie; to Friendship, Respect, and Loyalty I was no stranger, either in the goat-pens or on Great Mall; certainly not to buckly Rut. I had "loved" Hedda and Redfearn's Tom, Lady Creamhair, Max my keeper, dead G. Herrold; I "loved" studentdom and Truth, and Anastasia's dear escutcheon. But what did I know of Love between human men and women, that emotion held to include and yet transcend these others? My connection with Anastasia -- the sidecar-bite, our Memorial Service, my former jealousy on Bray's account, and the rest -- seemed merely odd to me now: at best an intimation of what that much-sungLove might be, and a flunking measure of my distance from it. What she "saw in me," had ever seen, I could not see, since failure had opened my eyes.Anastasia: the name, like the lady girl, went stranger and more dark as I considered it. What thing was Anastasia? The mystery's nub, it seemed to me now, was

No comments: