Saturday, October 4, 2008

Salvador Dali Equestrian Fantasy - Portrait of Lady Dunn painting

Salvador Dali Equestrian Fantasy - Portrait of Lady Dunn paintingSalvador Dali Cruxifixion (Hypercubic Body) paintingMontague Dawson Evening Shadows painting
spite of the ignoble costume of the time, was by all accounts a splendid spectacle. Sebastian went down for it and half-heartedly suggested my coming with him; I refused and came to regret my refusal, for it was the last ball of its kind given there; the last of a splendid series. How could I have known? There seemed time for everything in those days; the world was open to be explored at leisure. I was so full of Oxford that summer; London could wait, I thought.
The other great houses belonged to kinsmen or to childhood friends of Julia’s, and beside s them there were countless substantial houses in the squares of Mayfair and Belgravia, alight and thronged, one or other of them, night after night. Foreigners returning on post from their own waste lands wrote Home that here they seemed to catch a glimpse of the world they had believed

No comments: