Monday, March 30, 2009

Bill Brauer Gold Dress

Bill Brauer Gold DressUnknown Artist Audrey Hepburn pop artPiet Mondrian Tableau IPiet Mondrian Mill in SunlightPiet Mondrian Avond Evening Red Tree
You’ve got to promise me,’ she said, ‘that if anything happens, you won’t try to take advantage of the situation.’
Victor sighed. ‘I promise.’
‘It’s just that I’ve got a career to think about, you see.’
‘Yes, I see.’
Victor sat by the lamp and took the book out of his pocket.
‘I’m not He heard her yawn.
‘Did I finish telling you about the dream?’ she said.
‘I don’t think so,’ said Victor, in what he hoped was a politely discouraging voice.
‘It always starts off with this mountain‑‘
‘Look, you really shouldn’t be talking‑‘
‘‑and there are stars around it, you know, in the sky, but trying to be ungrateful or anything like that,’ Ginger went on.Victor ruffled through the yellowing pages, looking for the place he’d got to. Scores of people had spent their lives by Holy Wood Hill, apparently just to keep a fire alight and chant three times a day. Why?‘What are you reading?’ said Ginger, after a while.‘It’s an old book I found,’ said Victor, shortly. ‘It’s about Holy Wood.’‘Oh.’‘I should get some sleep if I were you,’ he said, twisting so that he could make out the crabby script in the lamp light.

No comments: