Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Arthur Hughes Ophelia

Arthur Hughes OpheliaArthur Hughes April LoveAlbert Bierstadt The Buffalo Trail
much does it mean to you?'
Vimes stared. He couldn't find the right words. It was just that he'd always been a man with a badge. He wasn't sure he could be one without the other.
Finally Lord . Remember.'

Cuddy opened his eyes.
'You're alive?' said Detritus.
The dwarf gingerly removed his helmet. There was a gouge in the rim, and his head ached.
'It looks like a mild skin abrasion,' said DVetinari said: 'Very well. I believe you're getting married at noon tomorrow.' His long fingers picked up the gilt-embossed invitation from the desk 'Yes. You can keep your badge, then. And have an honourable retirement. But I'm keeping the sword. And the Day Watch will be sent down to the Yard shortly to disarm your men. I'm standing the Night Watch down, Captain Vimes. In due course I might appoint another man in charge – at my leisure. Until then, you and your men can consider yourselves on leave.''The Day Watch? A bunch of—''I'm sorry?''Yes, sir.''One infraction, however, and the badge is mine

No comments: