Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vincent van Gogh Still Life with Open Bible

Vincent van Gogh Still Life with Open BibleVincent van Gogh Red vineyardsVincent van Gogh Lane with Poplars
square, which was already quite full of people. It would have been a market day in any case, but people were erecting benches as well and the Maypole was already up. There were even a few dwarfs and trolls, politely maintaining a distance from one another.
“I just saw a monkey walk across the square,” said
Magrat.
“The whole world’s coming to Lancre!” said Millie, who had once been as far as Slice.
169.
“I’m just Magrat Garlick! Kings ought to marry princesses and duchesses and people like that! People who are used to it! I don’t want people shouting hooray just because I’ve gone by in a coach! And especially not people who’ve known me all my life! All this—this,” her frantic gesture took in the hated garderobe, the huge four-poster bed, and the dressing room full of stiff and expensive clothes, “this stuff ... it’s not for me It’s for some kind of idea. Didn’t you ever get those cut-outs, those dolls, you know, when you were a girl . . . dolls you cut out, and there were cut-out clothes as well? And you could make her anything you wanted? That’s me It’s . . . it’s like the bees! I’m being turned into a queen whether I want to or not! That’s what’s happening to me!”

No comments: